It is every individual's responsibility to create and maintain a pleasant, respectful environment. Keeping the following guidelines in mind will go a long way in accomplishing this objective:
- Treat everyone from all levels, staff, administration, students, faculty, patients and visitors, with respect.
- Speak without judging, blaming or demeaning.
- Listen with an open mind.
- Avoid gossip, name-calling and offensive humor.
- Recognize the benefits and value of a diverse workforce and student body.
- Don't attempt to impose your values---whether political, religious or cultural---on others.
- Take responsibility for your own behavior.